In September my fitness was on point! Continuing my running and stepping up my circuit training routine with the trainer at Planet Fitness. I was going so hard with the running, hurdles, and laddar drills that I hurt my foot. Actually my Achilles Tendon is inflamed causing a aching pain in my heel and a pulling sensation in the back of my ankle/leg. I went to visit my podiatrist who instructed me to wear a huge BOOT until my next visit (My visit is TODAY) along with taking anti-inflammatory medsand icing my foot twice a day. So far so good!
I took one week off from exercise, but I got right back on track last monday. Met with my trainer to get a modified circuit routine to include abs and weight training. I've also incorporated the stationary bike to allow for low impact cardio. An Achilles tendon is nothing to play with! I could have been down for the count BUT GOD! I so want to get back to full mobility, so low to no impact cardio is what I will foucs on. Looking forward to my doctor appointment today, but I already know that my running has to cease for a while. I must say that i'm happy that I've gotten to the point where I truly miss running. As I drive by runners I'm a little envious that they can run and enjoy the nice sunshine. I'm staying positive through it all because it's only a small delay in my big dream! Almost forgot I went to JCP last weekend and tried on a size 14 (regular NOT plus). The shorts slid right on! They fit like a glove anad I was able to fit a size large shirt too - NOW that's what you call a victory! Although my food choices have not been perfect I have been able to maintain my weight.
- No bad carbs (white bread, white flour. potatoes, pasta) and no sugar through October 20th
- Focus on weight training and low inpact cardio to get this body "Cruise Ready" for November
- Remain positive during my journey - rejoicing on the small victories
- Be creative with my food choices so I don't get bored
- Encourage 2 friends/family and 2 strangers to continue or start a fitness journey
- Find ways to modify foods that I like to accommodate my meal planning without blowing my diet (i.e. instead of white rice, try making cauliflower rice)